Thursday, May 21, 2009

virginmedia....

I moved this last weekend from Holland Park (London - W11) to Belsize Park (London - NW3), and asked virginmedia to move my cable box and cable modem. The original order was indicated no problem as both sides were wired.

Woke up to no service in the old flat, expected, no big deal. Disconnected everything and brought it to the new house. Connected it, no go. Called and was told needed new gear - I protested as (a) pain in the arse for me; (b) costs them money. In truth don't care about (b) personally but care a lot about (a).

Knew that the electronics were the same but they simply would not listen to me. Went out and picked up a 3-3G USB dongle for email access for the few days..

Gave virgin my work address to send the gear to but of course when I got home on Monday and Tuesday had the UPS slip there saying they tried to deliver. ARGHGHGHGHGHG. Called Wednesday am and confirmed they had 3 boxes for me. Re-routed to the UPS depo, which is thankfully only 10 minutes away.

Get to the UPS station, pick up the 3 boxes:
Box 1: cables
Box 2: another set of cables, exact same as 1
Box 3: cables (same as 1&2), wireless router, cable modem and cable box

So 3 sets of cables which I didn't need as I had from the old house. A cable modem and cable box that were IDENTICAL to what I had. I then had to call them to GIVE THEM the serial numbers/mac addresses of the units. I'm sure if I had used the old ones they would have worked.

I really don't understand as I've now got an extra cable modem, cable tv box, wireless router and 4 sets of wires - AND - it took me 5 extra days to get up and running...

Waste of my time and their money. Did I say I don't understand? They really wasted their £££s on this one

No comments: