Monday, May 18, 2009

Status Update

Yes, I've been bad on posting - though to be fair - follow me on twitter as I use that.

It's been a very busy couple of weeks since starting at the BBC 5 weeks ago. While I do not pretend I've figured things out I am starting to understand how the place works. I'll leave the what we are doing to the official postings - coming soonish. What I need are more hours in the day as I usually run out of time.

On the housing from I've moved out of Holland Park (W11), to the Belsize Park (NW3) area of London over the weekend. We've rented a 5 bedroom house near where the kids will be going to school in the fall. I should be able to drop them off at school most mornings which will be nice after this year of not being with the kids. Hopefully they won't hold the last 9 months against me later on in life.

We've got an offer on our house in the US, hopefully closing 3 days after the school year ends in 4 weeks. Still a lot to get through so in the interest of not saying too much am going to let this run it's course.

Regardless, we will have the movers show up in mid-June to put everything into a 40' container to get it to London. Everything should arrive mid/end-July. Marina and the kids will be coming over around then as well as we've no furniture in the house. Bit of a pain actually, but I'm working insane hours, traveling to the US and am generally busy so I'll deal with an empty house.

Marina has sold just about everything that can not come over. Electrical equipment in particular is a pain, though anything without a motor can come over which is good. They either have 110/220 power supplies or a transformer will handle the conversion.

We've sold the mini-van and the truck and a4 are both on the market. The 2003 silverado can't come over, but if we do not sell the a4 guess we will be driving a left hand drive convertible as our only car here (ideally we sell it and pick up a used estate wagon).

Beyond that I'm back in the US every other weekend for the next month and then I'm all but done travelling for the rest of this year. Made platinum on american by June, hopefully I won't make executive platinum this year...

No comments: