Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Role at the BBC

I've been mostly out of reach today as me and my family were sightseeing in Paris the last two days. Opted to travel light and leave the laptop behind. Otherwise would have posted this earlier today once the news broke.

I am glad to announce that as of next week I am starting at the BBC as the new Controller for BBC Audio & Music (A&M) Interactive and BBC Mobile. I will be reporting to BBC Future Media & Technology (FM&T) Director Erik Huggers. Along with my new team we will be responsible for the all BBC’s output on mobile platforms and the multiplatform delivery of Audio & Music content.

I will be spending the next few weeks with my predecessor, Richard Titus. Will be good to have a real transition on taking a new role, something I've not had the opportunity of before. I wish the best to Richard in his new role.

I am looking forward to starting and working with my staff on getting products out the door to consumers again.

A few links to stories today:
Official BBC Press Release
PaidContent-UK

Guardian-UK

All this said, this will likely be the last posting from me in regards to this role on this blog. I'll use the official BBC blog for anything work related and stick to the purely personal here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark. Good luck with BBC. About the 2012 Olympics and roaming charges for visitors from abroad that wish to download multimedia. Only 12% of mobile devices has WiFi. To prevent roaming charges and enable fast downloads, why not adopt Bluetooth as well? Works perfect and is secure because peer-to-peer. Can I share some ideas with you that we can deploy in Asia together with BBC? michel@aura.net.au